The first teeth pierce generally between 4 months and 7 months, usually around 6 months, sometimes sooner. Some children are born with even one or two teeth. In other cases, the first teeth appear at the age of 1 year.
Their age of onset, very variable, averaged as follows:
• The two lower incisors, then the top ones (6 to 12 months);
• Lateral incisors (9 to 13 months);
• The first molars (13 to 19 months);
• Canines (16 to 22 months);
• Finally, the second molars (25 to 33 months).
In most cases, to three years, the child has his 20 primary teeth.
Meanwhile, the second set of 32 teeth grows in the jaw. It appears between 6 and 16 years. As for wisdom teeth, they usually break through from age 16 or later, sometimes never!