After the article How to get kids interested in reading i bring to you an other article about reading to you child but in this time i will show you some rules you must avoid when you are reading:
- Do not complete reading story when it's clear that the story is not appropriate or is not good, Stop immediately and admitted it was not a good choice.
- Keep in mind that some of stories start with slow and uninteresting beginnings. Remember that your review of the story before reading it to your children, will avoid the problem.
- Do not think that reading everything is good, your selection of stories is very important.
- Do not feel that you have a commitment to connect each story with what your child has learned in school, reading should be fun before all.
- Do not over-relax while reading the story; it may make you feel sleepy.
- Do not impose values and your understanding of the story to your child; it is sufficient that the story be fun, and provides you a lot to talk about with your child after the completion of the story.
- Do not embarrass your child by reading stories which are not suit him, Make sure that the stories be suitable for mental and emotional abilities at that phase.
- Do not use reading stories as a way to force your child to do what you want, because this way makes him losing the desire to read with time.
- Do not read stories that you feel not enjoy it, because your boring will appear in your features.